You’ve probably heard it millions of times already!
The advancement of technology has dramatically transformed the way companies operate nowadays. Ad agencies now approach their advertising campaigns in a completely different manner. Large companies and brands aren’t the only ones that benefit by online-based marketing. In fact, small companies can also reap huge benefits from the digital marketing. Therefore, companies today make use of the internet to build brand awareness and influence customers.
What do you think?
Digital Marketing has a huge influence on how people interact with their lifestyle, habits, and habits. Let’s look at how:
- With the increased access to the internet the number of people who are online is growing each day. As of the year 2018, about 3.03 billion users (which is a quarter of the population) are using some form or other social network.
- Search Engines account for 93% of all web traffic.
- 82% of consumers utilize their smartphones to conduct an internet-based search prior to decide to buy at a retail store.
- 50% of people are drawn to a specific brand if it is mentioned multiple times in their searches.
The above statistics show the effect of digital marketing is growing.
However, before we move on we must have a thorough understanding of the term “Digital Marketing’.
Digital Marketing is the term used to describe the marketing strategies of a business that are executed through online or electronic devices. This kind of marketing makes use of diverse digital strategies used by businesses to interact with their clients. In simple terms digital marketing is marketing that takes place online. There are a variety of methods within the umbrella of digital marketing. They are as follows:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
The best part is that as a company you can select from different digital channels available to build brand recognition and generate leads. The effectiveness of each channel is measured and you can assess your company’s performance across every channel and come to the best choice. But the digital marketing strategies and plans will vary based on the nature of your company that is either B2B, or B2C.
Let’s first look at the changes brought about by the digital marketing industry and how it affects how businesses run their operations:
- Communications with Customers Social media and the digital world have made it possible for quick and easy communication between brands and its customers. It’s also the most beneficial thing that it helps connect with the world’s community.
- Content Distribution Did you think about the amount of content that can be distributed through digital marketing? The answer is “Huge”. Everyday, businesses can send out massive content to the public through social media, emails newsletters, applications, and the like. So, businesses can quickly communicate the message they want to send out to a wide public.
- Data of the Customer with the aid of technology, businesses can monitor the information of customers. The analysis of this information can aid your business to learn about the preferences of your customers and their likes. Based on this you are able to make important business decision. For instance, you wish to launch a new product and then refer to the customer’s information. If you know the patterns that are that is followed in the data you’ll be aware of which product will work and which won’t.
- Information that is transparent Information of the customer is crucial to the business. Similar to that, consumers are also curious for everything about the business they are buying from. If a brand is open about its details and exposes its true identity online, the customers will feel that the brand is honest. The people are more likely to form loyalty to the brand.
- Inspire Innovations Digital marketing is the opportunity to communicate with customers in a new method. In times of intense market using an innovative strategy makes brands be noticed.
Digital marketing is fun and allows you to stay up to date with the latest fashions!
Although there are small companies which are engaged in the field of digital marketing, the small companies that are holding off because of a variety of reasons such as the lack of time, knowledge, or restricting themselves to a specific type of marketing. Many believe that since they’re a small-sized business it is necessary to have enough number of customers. This is not a sensible approach and could be a barrier to the growth of their business.
Are you one of the many, who is still ignoring the benefits from digital advertising? You should start now, so let’s go through the top reasons why digital marketing is crucial.
Digital Marketing is important – Reasons you need it now!
Provides equal opportunity for every business
It is possible to see your small business expanding because digital marketing offers the same opportunities to all businesses. This isn’t a method exclusive to large multinational corporations. Smaller businesses can leverage their business by making use by digital marketing. They will be able to compete with opposition to established businesses. Additionally, they can make full use of digital marketing by interacting with various clients across different platforms.
The cost-effective form of marketing
Digital marketing does not require massive expenditures. Small-sized businesses can access digital channels that are efficient and don’t need a huge expense to invest. Digital marketing, therefore, is an opportunity for small-sized businesses.
Helps in conversions
Conversions can be monitored by analyzing the type of traffic that is converted into leads, subscribers and sales. There is good news: the results of digital marketing are greater as compared to other forms of marketing. Small businesses must take steps to create solid strategies for digital marketing with the goal of achieving higher conversions.
A well-designed digital marketing strategy results in higher conversion rates. Revenue also rises as a the result of greater conversion rates. Companies that utilize social media are able to generate 78% more revenue than those who are not using social media for marketing. The response to marketing via email is also very significant. Combining content marketing and other marketing strategies can result in an impressive response, which in turn increases the amount of revenue.
Targeting the right audience
One of the main reasons digital marketing is beating traditional marketing is because it assists in identifying the right segment of people. The interactions that are conducted with the targeted audiences are result-oriented. They aid in achieving certain goals. By using e-mail marketing one can direct a message to a specific individual. Thus, digital marketing can be thought to be the most personal form of marketing.
Helps in mobile marketing
Digital marketing is also mobile marketing. It is not difficult to see to the fact that more people are making use of mobile phones in recent times. Therefore, companies are adapting their websites to mobile devices.
Increases brand reputation
Every business starts to attract more customers. Similar is the case with digital marketing. Start by aiming to get the most clicks possible to your sites and platforms for marketing. Gradually, more people begin becoming aware of your company, and when you can provide them with exactly what they are seeking, the credibility of your business grows. This helps you gain the trust of your clients.
Tools for social media like YouTube, Twitter and Instagram can influence the public at large. The introduction these tools in the social world has led to influencers. This particular type of influencer is able to influence the decisions of the public. Thus, companies do not must endorse celebrities to promote sales of the products or services. The benefit of marketing that is influential is that ordinary people with no qualifications can become influencers and attract the attention of thousands of individuals.
Digital marketing is an array of digital strategies which influence the decisions of prospective customers. CTA’s or call-to-actions direct users to what they should follow the next step. Bonus tip – If you can provide clear and concise instructions with appropriate CTA’s, you will be able to achieve greater conversion rates.
Gives measurable results
By using particular tools, you can easily assess the performance of every internet-based marketing tool. This can help you assess performance and assist you make choices.
If you look at the above number of advantages, small-sized businesses must definitely go to go digital with their marketing. Small and startup businesses employ traditional marketing methods however the results of traditional methods are extremely slow and can only draw customers on the local level. The number of potential customers that can be found online is huge in comparison to prospective customers who are focused local.
By using digital marketing, even small-sized businesses can reach an enormous number of customers. Digital marketing is an affordable approach to improve your business. It is therefore advisable for small businesses to take advantage of digital marketing to gain ahead in their businesses.